HE Minister of Environment, Water and Agriculture / / Chairman of the Board, National Water Company
His Excellency obtained a bachelor degree in chemical engineering from King Saud University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. He worked for thirteen years in the oil industry before joining Almarai Company in 1996. During his tenure in Alramari, he was appointed as the assistant of the Chief Executive Officer and the General Manager of Almarai Central Plant in Alkharj. Through the period 2000 – 2015, he held the position of Chief Executive Officer of Almarai. Eng. Al Fadley succeeded in transferring Almarai from a local company into the largest vertically integrated dairy company in the world and the largest producer and distributor of food products in the region.
The government appointed him as the Minister of Agriculture in April 2015. Upon the merge of agriculture, environment and water portfolios following a royal decree in May 2016, his functionality role has expanded to become the Minister of Environment, Water and Agriculture. Eng. Al Fadley is a member in the council of Economic Affairs and Development affiliated to the council of Ministers.
In addition, Eng. Al Fadley occupied the positions of the chairperson of:
- · International Dairy and Juice Limited (Joint venture alliance between Almarai and Pepsico companies)
- · Dairy and Food polytechnic (co-established between Almarai and Technical & Vocational Training Corporation) with the goal of indigenizing diary industry.
He was the Managing Director of:
- · Modern Company of food Industry
- · United Farmers Company
In addition, he was a member of Board of Directors of:
- · SALIC (Saudi Agriculture and Livestock Investment Company)
- · Engineering Council, King Saud University
Being the Minister of Environment, Water and Agriculture, currently Eng. Al Fadley also occupies the position of Board Chairman of:
- · NWC (National Water Company)
- · SAGO (Saudi Grains Organization)
- · Irrigation and Drainage Authority
- · Agriculture Development Fund
- · General Authority of Meteorology and Environment Protection
- · Saudi Wildlife Authority
- · Saline Water Conversion Corporation
Eng. Al Fadley has demonstrated an outstanding ability in operational management of projects and investment. He supports social programs being a member in the Disabled Child Association. He also supports training of nationals and jobs nationalization, as well as his efforts in natural resources conservation and agriculture development.